Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ignorance?

Well I just got home a little while ago, and my dad's down here blasting a movie on right next to my room. I can't exactly go to sleep, so I decided to write again.
Drew's dad was watching the Auburn game earlier. During the game, the announcers mentioned a game that was cancelled(I don't remember where or which one?) because a hurricane had caused so much destruction in that area. While watching, I just got to thinking. I just haven't been concerned enough as to what's going on with the areas struck by hurricanes or the victims there. I've never actually seen the effect of destruction of that sort, it's all irrevelant to me. So I just seem to be ignoring it when i hear about it on the news. It's such a huge deal to those in the midst of the ordeal, but so many others untouched by it, definitely including myself, it are simply watching those cities fall apart and not doing anything to help. At school, for instance, they have been taking donations, but I figured they'd have plenty, my small amount of change wouldn't make any difference. But really every penny counts! The 'few cents' from all those who thought the same thing as me could turn out to be incredibly helpful. Also, the Red Cross I believe is taking canned foods & toiletry items to send down there. Let's help these people out, wouldn't you want to be?

My guilt took over, and I'd just thought I'd share. :)
Well his movie's over. Off to bed!

4 comments:

MADDIE said...

You are right! I love reading what is on your heart! Sorry about the movie blasting downstairs.....your dad thinks he is in a movie theater!! :)

Diana said...

Found your blog through your mom's.
Someone so very young with an incredible amount of insightful thoughts. I have enjoyed your posts so far.
Diana

Angie said...

Love your heart Britt. You are right, we can get overly consumed with ourselves and our lives and we could easily be in that very place suffering loss and destruction. I love hearing and seeing what God is doing with and through you. You are a great girl!

Melissa said...

Brittany I do the SAME thing. It is much harder to imagine someone elses struggles when you have never been through anything of the same. You have a lot of wisdom for your age. I love you.