Thursday, October 2, 2008

The fiend.

I've been doing a pretty bad job keeping up with my blog lately, I know. Nothing really exciting has been going on. But I'll try to do better!

In english, we are reading an interesting story talking about how sly and tempting the devil is to us as a human race. Not just the 'bad' people, but even our spiritual role models & mentors, parents, friends, etc. It's reminding us that we're not alone when facing the devil. But it's also explaining that he is worthless when he's alone, explaining why he tries so incredibly hard to work through each of us. One line in the story says, "The fiend in his own shape is less hideous than when he rages in the breast of man." This particular line struck me. It's explaining how the devil, when working through the life of one of us, is much more terrible and effective than just he himself. As Christians, we must be stronger. This world continues to make it easier and easier to conform to its low, selfish ways and values. But we can't be temped, we're better than that!

Love you all. Peace.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I would like to read this book....sounds very good. May I borrow it when you are done? The Lord has blessed you with a lot of wisdom and insight. I feel that He has big plans for you Britt!

AshleyMK said...

Glad to have you back! Britt you are so smart for your age. I must admit I had to read that sentence a couple times before I understood what it meant. Keep being you, for that is who I love the most! :)

Angie said...

Wow young lady....LOTS of great insight there! The devil is a dirty, rotton, sneaky one and you are so right, we as Christians need to be aware of his schemes and with the Holy Spirit's help, not fall into his temptations and tricks! Great blog!